Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Tappity Tappity

How's it?

Pretty good week this week. It didn't rain nearly as much as I thought it would. It was funny, we got internet connection this one time and my weather app said it had a 95% chance of raining on us in the next ten minutes. Nothing at all happened. The anticlimax was so thick you could cut it with a knife and spread it on toast.

At dinner we got some time-turners from members. Finally, now I can squeeze three years of work into the two years I'm called to serve. I also am waiting on a member to make me a few tie-dye shirts. I'm pretty excited for this, especially since the person who makes them is really good at what she does. Oddly enough, you pick up more trinkets than you think you will on a mission. No wonder it becomes so difficult to fit everything at the end of the two years.

So this last Sunday we had something called a regional conference. I had never heard of one before, and I don’t remember attending one. Perhaps my parents can fill in where I can't.  Elder Robbins, Sister Reeves, Elder Corbridge, and Elder Oaks spoke to us along with our stake president. Elder Robbins added to the insights given by President Uchtdorf in the latest conference about simplicity. His words were too complicated to understand. Just kidding. With that, we had a few hours extra to proselyte, with our regular 5+ hours toppling only into the 2 required for the conference. Definitely less church stress as a result.

I've begun to realize that the sister missionaries that came out with me are now beginning to enter the last months of their mission life. Dad gum, I'm old! Not just old, but more like ye-olde. And when I finish my service, President and Sister Slaughter will be on the ending cusp of theirs. Ouch, time goes by too quickly.

None of our investigators made it to church however. I was sad, but I'll get over it eventually.

Questions and Answers

How is your heart?

Pumping, healthy, likely isn't gunked with too much cholesterol.

And how do you observe your good companion's, Elder Brough's, heart to be doing?

Similar? He's pretty good. He, like Elder Black, is not prone to show too much emotion on the surface, even when he is happy.

 Has your test shirt been useful?

FANCYTASTIC  (For those who don’t know, my Mom sent me a new shirt and asked if it was the right size.)

Could you still use a more tailored at the waist fit?     (From Mom again.)

Nar. (No)

How are the people you serve doing?  

K's fine. He's had some concerns about recent church doctrine that we will likely have to overcome. T is progressing slowly, and we have been advice to take it slow with him. T2 keeps missing church. It's a little frustrating. Praying for a miracle on his behalf. And D is fine, but we didn't see her last week. I wonder if I will see them all again, or be transferred. ????

How is the Lord helping weakness to become strengths in you because of your obedient service as a missionary?

I'm a spoiled missionary. My energy tank is frequently full though I probably wouldn't have in in the same circumstances otherwise.  I'll fill in more next week.

Do you know how much you are loved?

Yes. Ja vohl. Sí.

What tender mercies has the Lord sent you this week?

Seeing D and K progress more than they have in a long while was nice. I don't know, the biggest tender mercy has simply been staying here on a mission. These two years are the longest short time I've ever had.

Pictures!

Elder Garver caked the Sisters. The sisters had made the cake for my birthday. How nice!  (The baking of the cake, not the caking of the bakers.)



The district in normal.



Elder Hall

Texas San Antonio Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment