Thursday, November 5, 2015

Some Measure of Success

Hello my friends,

We are enjoying some fun bowling right now. I haven't bowled for quite a long time. We'll see how well I do.

So, it looks like this week we enjoyed some measure of success. Some of the people that we've been working that have met with missionaries for a long time are progressing now. Ken has met with missionaries for going on three years. He wasn't able to make it to church yesterday but he has accepted the message a little more than he has before.

We've met with him fairly consistently since I got into the area.

Then there is Dani. She has met with missionaries for even longer. I just can't remember how long. Her struggle is that those of her family aren't very religious. She fears that they will distance themselves from her if she were to be baptized. I don't really think she has anything to worry about. But of course, those we teach have largely different perspectives on the process than we do.

Then last week we had a zone meeting. It went all right. I needed to have more focus than I did. The fun thing was that I was able to direct President's interviews.  This is something that I really hadn't done before.  My interviews were so short, I felt like I could have been better prepared for it. Well, short doesn't mean bad I suppose.

Trunk or treating was fun to watch. We had a lesson with Tyler during the event, and a member from the ward was kind enough to give us candy for our birthdays. We didn't eat any of the chili because we had already eaten. I never have gone to a trunk or treat before. MOM! DAD!  Why have I been so deprived? Just kidding. I haven't missed anything.

I also enjoyed exchanging with Elder Shields in his area. Because members in their ward love them, they have Tempurpedic beds. Quite comfortable, but short lasted. We enjoyed knocking some doors in a complex. I've never met so many people who came from India. They are courteous, but uninterested.

Elder Hall


Texas San Antonio Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment