Monday, September 15, 2014

A Third Transfer in Windcrest

Hello Family, Friends, Ward Family, etc.

I loved this week. I loved this week so very much, I'm having a hard time remembering it all. Please bear with me :).

We received transfer calls yesterday, and both Elder Tews and I will stay in Windcrest. This is fantastic news. My work is not done here. Most of our finding efforts in the last transfer were centered in the areas closest to our apartment. So with a full six weeks, we'll reach out to those areas. While Elder Tews and I stay, Sister Pyper will leave.

The Rubio family and Sister Johnson are ready for baptism. Thank you all for the prayers on their behalf. We're excited to see them take this important step in following Jesus Christ's example. The Rubios are quite excited to be baptized. Elder Tews told me to enjoy the stress related to the baptism. I'm very grateful that I can be involved in all of this.

On Friday we biked. The rain caught us off guard on our way back to the apartment for dinner. All the way home I could hear a loud squeak from my bike as we waited for Traffic lights. Rain in general makes me laugh. There's something soothing about it all. When we finally returned, our white shirts were dotted with spots of mud. I loved it. :)
 

 
 
 
 
What has been useful to you this week in sinking your spiritual roots deep in your conversion to the gospel?

It would be impossible to maintain my conversion without daily scripture study. I felt like prayer was especially important as I dealt with a variety of stress. As I prayer for spiritual insights, learn more during personal study and my spiritual roots run deeper.

How has your slacks repair been working out?

Successful for the most part. I repaired a pair of black slacks, and the slacks should still be usable. However, the tan pair didn't fair as well. Since the color of the repair patch didn't match the slacks I attached it to, I may have to send in home, or into the dumpster.

How has it been having a new bishop in the Windcrest ward?

Very helpful. The new Bishop speaks fluent Spanish as well as English, which has helped the Spanish families connect to the ward better. Other auxiliaries also changed. The Lord gives responsibility to all of us who are willing. Sometimes that responsibility has an apparent reason, other times it does not.

What is something new you have learned this week about anything or any one you have encountered?

Elder Tews and I made a goal to focus on our area, regardless of what may happen during transfer week. We learned to trust in the decisions of our leaders, regardless of what may happens. I felt my trust in the Lord increase this week and I depended on Him for peace and comfort.

We also met the 2nd Counselor of the TSAM. I loved getting to know him for just a few minutes. The leadership of our mission are all great people. Their example help me to follow Jesus Christ.

-Elder Hall

​P.S. I'm glad everything is going well at home. Please don't forget that I think of you all often.

No comments:

Post a Comment