Monday, September 22, 2014

100 Days and Rubios/Sis. Johnson Baptisms

Dearest family, friends, and ward family,

I celebrated my 100th day as a missionary on the 18th. I'll hit my three month on the 25th. I'm grateful that I still have many more days left.

On Saturday before the Rubio's baptisms, Elder Tews and I were looking for people to teach when San Antonio rained on us. At first it was light rain, but within a few minutes it became a downpour. Elder Tews and I took shelter under the front deck of a house for a few minutes and began to charge. We rushed home on our bikes and got into the apartment soaking wet. Then within about a half an hour, the rain stopped. The only evidence that the rain left were large puddles scattered in the parking lot.
The baptisms of the Rubio family and Sister Johnson went well. It was incredible to feel the spirit that came from ordinances of baptism, and confirmation. Despite all of our concerns for Sister Johnson's baptism, the baptism went well. Hermano Rubio baptized his daughters and I had the opportunity to lead the music.  (A quick thanks to my mom and others who have helped me to develop musical talents). Even leading music is a form of service we can give to others.
The Rubio Girls and Elders Hall and Tews

Sister Rubio is hidden behind her daughter, and Brother Rubio is diagonal of his daughters, in white.
I can't recall if you recently had another zone conference and if so, what were it's highlights?

Zone conference will be this coming Thursday or Friday. I'll be sure to take good notes and share some with you all.

How often do you missionaries get to go to the temple?

As far as I know, missionaries in the TSAM will have the opportunity to visit the temple twice during their mission. Sometimes more, but rarely.

Is it starting to get any cooler?

Yes, it is starting to get much cooler. I distinctly remember a morning that we got up to excersise in which I felt cold. That startled me. :)

 Como va el trabajo de testificar en Espanol?

Sencillamente, va muy bien. Tenemos tantas oportunidades para hablar con nativos. Me encantan estas oportunidades.

 What was your best moment in spanish this week?

I loved the opportunity to listen to the Bishop as he confirmed the Rubios members of the church. Each blessing was unique, and testified to me of the love Heavenly Father has for them, and for all of us.

What was your funniest?


I can't think of anything specific. Grammatical mistakes are usually pretty funny. :D


-Elder Hall
P.S. I feel like I should have written more this week end because of the baptisms that took place, but it

No comments:

Post a Comment