Monday, August 25, 2014

Diligence in Learning Christ's Gospel


Hello family, friends, and ward family,
What a great week. I feel like a grew this week, just like all the others.
I'm very glad to hear of all the missionary work happening at home. The best part of missionary work is that it doesn't end when we return home. I want to be a missionary for all of my life!

On Monday I managed to wreck in my bike again. I ripped another pair of slacks, and this time it also claimed a white shirt. Luckily, after we returned to the apartment I found another pair of unclaimed slacks that took the place of the tan ones that I lost. I have no doubt that I was protected, and I was gladdened that the injury didn't keep me from working the rest of this week.

The Rubio family is progressing well. Jorge's wife and their daughters are progressing towards baptism, and I can feel their faith in Christ grow as they learn more about the gospel. We visited with them on Thursday and then again on Sunday. It's amazing to see how Sister Rubio has progressed since I first met her in my first transfer here at Windcrest. I would say that their family is diligent in their desire to learn more. We'll do the best we can to help them learn.
On Wednesday, Elder Tews and I had an exchange with the Zone Leaders. To keep things short, Elder Pew (Yes, he's a zone leader) joined us and helped us work in the Windcrest area. I enjoyed the opportunity to talk about school before the mission and about our families. (Families are the greatest :)) Though the miracles we had that day weren't apparent until after, I learned many things from him.
One of those things he pointed my attention to is obedience. Obedience brings blessings. Anytime we obey a commandment of the Lord, we will receive blessings that relate to the commandment we are given. I've found as I get to bed on time and wake up on time, I find that my sleep lasts me longer. I love to be obedient to all the rules we have. I will receive blessings from each one.

From left to right: Elder Pew, myself & Elder Tews














 

How is your Patriarchal blessing helping you as serve in the work of your mission?

My patriarchal blessing helped me this week and before by reminding me of my potential. When I remembered the promises in it, it became easier to serve.

What was the funniest thing that happened to you last week?

Elder Tews showed me the mug on his study desk, the one that holds his different pencils. It is a Christmas mug, with a picture of Santa on it. However, it spells "Merry Christmas" as "Marry Christmas." Good grief, what has this world come too? :)

I also tried to make pancakes this morning. What a disaster! Well, I laughed when it was all done.
Hmmmm.... Pancakes!
 
 













Have you used your long sleeved shirts at all this past week?

I use them on Sundays and during meetings during the week. Essentially whenever I wear my suit.

-Elder Hall

No comments:

Post a Comment