Monday, August 11, 2014

My new companion Elder Tews


Hello to everyone, ward, family and friends.

I'd love to start off with questions:

From Matt W.

1. What's the biggest change you've seen take place in yourself?

Confidence in myself. I've noticed my confidence grow in many different areas that I never knew existed. I feel confident shopping for groceries on P-Days. I feel confident calling members of the ward and asking them to come with us to lessons. I grow my confidence to talk to people we meet every day. The best part is I have 22 months+ to grow this confidence even more.

2. What's the terrain there compared to Alpine?

Different types of green plant life exist everywhere here. No visible mountains anywhere. While this part of Texas isn't a desert, I've seen a bunch of cactus. Different kinds of Cactus, too. Most of the cactus aren't shaped the way I expected them too.

3. What's the hardest missionary rule to follow?

The hardest rule for me to follow is getting to bed on time. Getting up on time is much easier.

In what ways has serving with Elder Scroggs helped prepare you to serve with your new companion?

Serving with Elder Scroggs has helped me learn to serve my companion. There are many ways that we can serve one another.

 How do you Elders assist the Sister missionaries as you serve?

As fellow missionaries of the Windcrest ward,

 Is it getting hotter or cooler at this time in the year?

Hotter. A lot hotter than I'm used to in Utah, but there's only so hot it can get. Drinking a lot of water is important.

How is the Spirit guiding you this week? 

The spirit has guided my new companion, Elder Tews and I, by helping us choose who we want to visit during the day. The spirit has guided me to take care of myself, and get the relaxation that I need during the short time we have in the evening.

The spirit has guided me to read my scriptures, and my patriarchal blessing during times when it would comfort me most, and fill me with the power I need.

So this transfer day we met a bunch of new missionaries. I recognized one of the Elders from the Provo MTC. But best of all was the opportunity I had to meet Elder Tews. Elder Tews is from Twin Falls Idaho, and he loves basket ball. He's the first missionary of his siblings to go out on a mission.

Elder Tews and Elder Scroggs are both very laid back. Their vigor for the mission can't be seen by briefly meeting either of them. When Elder Tews and I left the transfer meeting and got back to our apartment, the trunk of our car wouldn't open. This worried me quite a bit, but Elder Tews was  calm. It took us some time to figure out was wrong, and we went from place to place asking for help, and eventually we found ourselves at the dealership. When a worker there took a look at the trunk, it took him a few minutes and he got it open for us. I was very relieved when it finally opened.

Some other great news, Bruno came to church yesterday. At first, I was a bit worried if he'd come or not. It was during sacrament meeting that I realized he still wasn't here. But a little bit later I saw his red shirt out the back left door nearby where we sat, and I knew it was him. It turns out that Bruno got lost and went to a Jehova's Witness church first, but he realized it wasn't ours. Then he found his way to the chapel and was able to hear the talks in sacrament meeting.

I love Bruno an awful lot.

Thank you all for the emails. Enjoy your scriptures, and enjoy the journey.

-Elder Hall

P.S. I love you all. Especially my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment