Monday, July 28, 2014

The Work Hastens in my View

Hello Everyone!

Right about now the work seems to go even faster. As a missionary, every week seems faster and faster. I still have many months left, but I don't want to waste a single day. From the emails I've read, so many things have changed at home. I can hardly process all of the good and difficult things that are happening at home. Stay strong, everyone.

Questions from Matt. W:
Is your companion taller than you?

No, he isn't. But the height difference isn't large, and he looks taller than me when we sit down.

What color is your tie right now? OR ARE YOU EVEN WEARING ONE!?!?!?
Maroon. Maroon with two white stripes.

Questions from Mom:
How have members of the Church in your area been able to assist your work?
I love this question.

Members mean everything in missionary work. They can unlock the way for missionaries to touch people's hearts.

   The members helped us this week by fellowship neighbors. We had a wonderful pioneer day party on Saturday, and while Elder Scroggs and I invited several people to this party, only the people invited directly by members ever came. We weren't demanding of the people we invited, but the fellowship that members engage in is quite different than the love Missionaries show.
Members also help us by doing work that we can't efficiently by ourselves. Member are awesome :). I'll leave that at that.

What is your favorite San Antonio style food you have encountered? 
My companions favorite is "Tacos Al Pastor." This dish is authentic, and reminds me of the gyro, like ones you can buy in New York City. My favorite so far is "Chicken Mole". The mole has a slight sweet taste to it, and normally you roll up tortilla to eat the mole like the tortilla was a spoon. Yum.
 What is the most wonderful way that the Spirit has guided you this week?  

This question is very difficult. The spirit has guided me in many ways, and I don't feel like I can judge which is most wonderful. I did, however, receive the chance to give a priesthood blessing to Bruno.

What is the most important thing you have learned this week (anything of physical, mental, spiritual, sociality -any category of learning)?

 As a missionary, it is extremely important that my faith stays in Christ, and not in results. This will bring true success. Also, I learned it is important to love my companion.

Have you seen any turtles in your area : )? 

Yes, I did, I saw some in a family's home that we visited. This family lives in the Sister's area, so we don't see them too often. We went to their house to give a blessing to the father, and a daughter who will go through operations this week, and then a blessing of comfort to the mom.

I saw them in a tank as we came in.
Alright, this week was jam packed with many share-able things.

First off, on Friday I went on my second exchange with Elder Lundstrom. Elder Lundstrom is an assistant to President Slaughter, and I learned many things from him. His companion and he are urgent about all of their decisions. They understand that the time they have is precious. This missionary is full of love for everyone he meets, and I felt it abundantly during the time we spent on the Lord's errand.

 Speaking of the Pioneer Day Party on Saturday, it helped me feel a good taste of home. The members of our ward treat us kindly, just like the ones back home. We had a watermelon eating contest, and I completely thought that Elder Scroggs would win. He didn't.

Here's a picture of myself and Elder Lundstrom:




-Elder Hall

P.S. I love the emails. I promise that I will read them, even if I don't reply specifically. Questions help too.

No comments:

Post a Comment