Thursday, January 28, 2016

Fixed Screen and a Clear View of Life

Dear Family and Such People

Mom, Elder Aguila says thanks for the nuts from Alpine.

Some good news, some normal news, and bad news.  M is still in contact with her member friends, but she dropped us. Her friend suspects that the pressure from family, including the fact that her sister in law became a minister for another church, and that she might have gotten into anti information. Well, it happens sometimes. When her stress normalizes, it might be possible for us to meet with her again. *Sigh*, life happens.

But, in other great news, we met a non-member who is married to a less active member in our ward. V is her name, and she accepted our message with open arms.  She said at one time, "you all came at the right time, and I'm looking for a change in my life." She has a baptism date for the 27th of February. PRAY that she stays strong and faithful even as opposition that may arise, and that we will be able to meet with her husband and reactivate him. We came to meet her with her home teacher, and we didn't catch the husband at home.

I bought a Gyro in a restaurant in the area. Anybody that knows my trip to New York knows that I love authentic Gyros. It was better than the one that I had in Grand Central Station, but not better than the street venders. Much more expensive though.

Otherwise the week was a fairly normal for my mission. I was able to exchange with Elder Mackay, and we learned that we had a lot of similar interests before the mission. We enjoyed good lessons, and scaring away little dogs and deer. There are plenty of deer over there. I grabbed a little cat's tail and pulled it, and it wasn't too happy. Interestingly enough, generally cats don't mind if you pull them up by the tail a little bit, but maybe kittens do. It didn't help my point that I said it wouldn't mind to Elder Mackay, and then it did in fact mind.

And as the subject suggested, I finally got a new IPad screen. It took a couple of days, but I was glad that it finally was done. I was pretty surprised though, because it cost a lot more that I would have expected. 1.5 hundred dollars. Fewf! Remind me not to drop my IPad ever again. I took my notes for the World-Wide missionary broadcast on pen and paper, because I didn't have my IPad back. But then later I just hand typed it into my gospel library app. That took some time, but was worth it.

The broadcast talked a good amount about different principles that we should follow as a missionary. Elder Anderson and Elder Oaks spoke to us, in addition to other people.

Questions and Answers

Have you used the survey again this week, and has continued to help in getting to know the people?

A little bit this week. We haven't had quite as much success as was promised us, but we haven't asked too many people to take it either.

Are you getting any rain and storms headed from the west as we've had them?
Rain, rain, never came, might come by another day. 

How are A and M?   

They've been having some medical concerns, so we weren't able to meet this week.

How is M in the quest to help her be baptized?

Faltering. We might have to pass her along in the future, if she allows us.

How has the Lord's Spirit guided you this week?

You always need guidance during meetings. It was helpful to have it on Wednesday. I liked what they taught that when we ask who people know that might be interested; we ask also, who else do you know?

l love you all. Unless I don't. And that is because I haven't met you yet. J

-Elder Hall

Texas San Antonio Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment