Monday, October 12, 2015

October is like a second Spring!

Merry October y'all.

It's been a fairly normal week after the massive spiritual high of conference.

Tomorrow we will celebrate Elder Brough's birthday. It would seem that his is a few weeks before mine. Very interesting. The bad news is that Elder Brough came down with some stomach distress this morning and has been feeling horrible ever since. I'm struggling to find words to share with him to help him feel better.  But, I pray that he gets better before the birthday celebration!

Let's see, as far as our missionary work goes, we met a man named Tyler this week. Tyler's neighbors are members of the ward and introduced him to us and we got to know him a little bit. He's been going through some rough times and has felt that even his family has lent him little support. Luckily we have more family than what we have here on this earth. We taught him a little bit about the Restoration, and we're set to visit him again this week. It can be difficult at times to catch people more than once a week.

We had our first district meeting as a new district. Elder Garver is our new district leader, and he is about to finish up with his mission. It seems that as of late I've been put in the district of plenty of people who are about to finish.

It's not too often that someone you refer to other missionaries progresses well. I was happy to learn that Justin is making a big effort to meet with his missionaries and to get baptized. It was an over-joying thing to learn. It makes me wonder about the other areas I've served in and how they are progressing lately.

Elder Brough is gradually warming up to the area and we are picking up speed. We're trying to get to know all of the members of both wards to work more closely with them -- after all, they are the ones that know where those prepared are. And as we do that, we're working to talk to everyone that we can on the way. I don't have a whole lot on my mind to say this week, but I'm glad that a feeble man like me can be employed in such a great cause. I can only imagine what it will be like to fulfill this same role again when I've finished, laboring among those that are being lead to the truth.

Questions and Answers

Have you been able to communicate with Elder Matt Whetten?

I send him my weekly emails, but I really haven't gotten much from him. I'm sure he's doing well there in Oklahoma, and he was so close to being called to the greatest mission on earth (not even a gram of bias). Hopefully he's doing well, will read this email, and write me back or something. No pressure of course.

Did you get the package?

Yes. Most graciously yes!

If so, is it proving useful to you?

I'm putting the GPS to good use. Elder Hovinghoff left me with one of his to borrow until I got the one you sent me. Interestingly enough, it's a larger version of the same GPS I was using of Elder H's.

Do you think that you could use them if you received some more choir CD's?

Likely. I've forgotten how many I had left, but I could definitely use some more.


So Elder Brough and I found these Star Wars ice molds in the apartment and decided to have fun with drink mix.



Purdy happy to be hur. Lave y'all.
Elder Hall

Texas San Antonio Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment