Saturday, September 19, 2015

Steady as it Goes

Dearest family, friends and others,

Quite a hopping week this week. While this area moved slowly when I got here, it has managed to pick up. Tony, unfortunately, was unable to make it to church. He can still be on track to be baptized in October, and with God's will he could be baptized with his family as well. His parents haven't expressed great interest in the message, but with prayer, their attitude could likely change. Instead, a man that has met with missionaries for a while, Ken, made it to church for the first time in a while. We also met Elliot, someone who came to church because of the invitation of members from the Ward.

I've taken a liking to smoothies this week. I decided to blend what I usually mix in a bowl for breakfast every morning, and it tasted great. Peanut butter, granola, oats, frozen blueberries, chia seed and almond milk. If any of you have suggestion on smoothie recipes. Or for anything else for that manner. 

Exchanges with Elder Hopkins this week. He sounds a little like Elder Tews when he talks, which made me laugh a little. Working with him helped me to overcome my natural fears of talking with people. At the end of the evening he gave me a much needed hair cut. It's much cheaper to get the help of a missionary.

As missionaries, we make diligent notes about lessons we have, so that future missionaries can build off of he work we have already done. Nowadays we have been working to transfer our physical paper records into a digital format. Hopefully we'll be able to do it all before the transfer ends. A love the digital direction our work is going!

The weather has gotten a bunch tamer. We still drink plenty of water and the heat doesn't punish us to the same level as earlier in the summer.

I also apologize that this email is coming out so late. Today we had p-day activities at a members home in from another Ward. We had great food, played baseball, pool, and fishing. Swinging an aluminum bat, I missed all 25 or so pitches. The wooden bat was more successful.

Questions and Answers

How have your experiences with the Ward members been this week?    

Plenty of dinners. It's fun getting to know the missionaries that are about to leave. 
There are plenty of strong families in the area. Plenty of people preparing for missions.

How is Tony doing?         

Persevering and such. He's been reading and although He hasn't been to church yet, he should be able to make it this Sunday.

How is 'forget yourself and go to work' helping you this week?        
   
A lot less to worry about when you take yourself out of the equation. It requires a bunch of prayer.

How has the Lord helped you to know what is needed this week?      

He has helped me to raise my vision. We can find a family this month, I am sure of it. Working with families makes me extremely happy.

What has been funny, happy or a tender mercy this week for you and for your companion?

Ken made it to church even though Tony missed it. Elder Hopkins did a lot to encourage me and help me to recognized the growth that our area has seen. Patience in seeing growth.

Elder Hall
Texas San Antonio Mission

I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment