Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Cleansed from Sin because of The Savior

Good afternoon,

In the emails I just read, I heard that the weather back home has been hot the past few days. While it's starting to get hot in San Antonio, I haven't minded it too much. Hot during the day, but we aren't always outside.

Zachary, Adrian and France's were baptized this past week. We had plenty of support from the ward, and things went fairly smoothly. The fun part about preparing was setting up for it even as other people came in to sit down. We stole the piano from the Relief Society, set up more chairs, and did our best to clean up until the baptismal service began. Elder Bertelsen baptized Adrian while their uncle baptized the other two. And even as I have the tendency to get anxious during baptismal services and such, I had the chance to learn peace during the service.

Zachary, Adiran, Frances, Elder Bertlesen, Elder Black and Elder Hall


Sad news, Juan doesn't wish to meet with us anymore. I will be excited to hear when he listens to missionaries in the future.

Last week in preparation for the baptism that just happened, we exchanged with Elder Hart and Elder Bertelsen, several times. We had an exchange with them on Tuesday. Then we had another two almost immediately after. No matter how much you love those you work with during exchanges, it doesn't feel the same as when you serve with your own companion. Elder Black is great. Working with him has shown to me many of my faults, which with The Lord's help, enabled me to improve and become better.

Questions and Answers

 How has your tablet helped you in teaching this week? 

Depending on the particular time of day, it helps to lessen the amount of weight we carry when we walk to visit someone. Obvious as it might be, a quadruple combination of the scriptures is heavy! It's handy to be able to have the words of current day prophets available too.

We used our tablets to share pictures of President Monson to Zachary and his family, sister R and her kids, as well as a few others. What a tool we have to share restored truth, as well as pictures too.

Are you drinking plenty of water-at least enough?


I believe so. Water is delicious to me. It can be easy to forget to drink water, so thank you for reminding me of the need to drink water.


What words of council would you have for him(Brother W, before he leaves to serve as a missionary)?

To Bro. W, or to anyone else preparing to serve:
•prepare yourself to learn anything the Lord teaches you,
•love the word of God and anyone you meet, and
•trust in the promises of "Preach My Gospel"
 Have you gotten around to getting any new slacks? 

Yes, I bought a pair of black slacks and a pair of tan. I also bought some new tan socks and a few black ones.

Is there anything from New York you would like while Mom is there on tour with the MoTab?

A tie that is more unique to the area, and a picture of the Manhattan temple.
Oh, and a collapsing laundry basket, (this doesn't need to be unique to NY).

How has the Spirit helped you this week?

The spirit has helped me to be patient and humble in my thoughts. As I've learned, it doesn't take much to act humble on the outside, for example we can stay silent even when we feel jealous or proud about something done.

What I strove to do this week was to be happy when good things happened to other people. I was not asked to baptize any of the kids this past weekend. The Spirit helped me to realize that my worth as a missionary was not depleted nor was anyone else's increased because of who performed the ordinance of baptism. I had plenty of opportunities to exercise and grow as good things came to other people.

How are your people?

Doing quite well. The ward changes in attending size each Sunday, but the core people continue to come. Araceli, Sis. R's daughter, is preparing to be baptized and might even be baptized next weekend. We caught Jonathan and Sandra at home again, and we're hoping to see them more often in the future.

Elder Hall

Texas San Antonio Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment