Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Transfers!

Transfers!

Exciting news. While I will be leaving Universal City, (Awww. . . .) Elder Vergara will be training here in UC, and I will go co-train with another missionary that I've never met (Yay! ! ! !). I'm excited to train a new missionary. What if I trained Elder Aguila, my friend from home who moved back to Guadalajara? What if Elder Vergara trained him? I'll be excited if I even get to meet him.  I won’t know exactly where I’m going, nor who my companion will be until the actual transfer day.
This last week was very un-eventful. I got sick. Really sick. Tuesday afternoon after biking to and from Schertz, I came back to the apartment with my companion to have dinner, ate and crashed. Wednesday we crashed the entire day, went to go visit someone and crashed again. Thursday we had a brilliant zone conference, and afterward we came back, I crashed some more. Friday I crashed, we visited Tony and Staniel, and we crashed some more. Saturday I was still exhausted, and we crashed even more.

Sunday we went to church, had dinner with a member, planned for the week, and crashed even more. My ears have been fairly plugged, but I'm beginning to recover. Thank you for all of your prayers. I've received many blessings from my companion, and I'll be excited to recover again.
Our lesson with Tony and Staniel went very very well. Staniel pointed out again that she hadn't known that Mormons were Christians. Tony seems extremely engaged in comparison to how he looked like as we first met him. They both made it to church a second time this Sunday, and they seemed engaged as well. They got a spiritual overhaul on the importance of prayer, since Sunday school and priesthood meetings were both focused on this.

Q & A

How’s your health been? 

Not very good. I'm getting better, but this week has been a lot of tissues, medication, and rest. Not the best way to send myself off after working in UC for so long, but I have no need to worry.

What are fun things you've been doing on your P-day?

I've played Frisbee golf, gone shopping, played sports at the stake center, written letters, P-days aren't really too remarkable, but they do do an awful lot to help to remove stress and such.

Are you able to keep your white shirts clean and pressed?

Probably not as well as I should, but washing them from time to time and removing them from the dryer, as well as soaking the shirts in the shower and hanging them over night helps to remove wrinkles.

Of course, how are all the people doing?

They are doing well. We tried to meet with Richard, but he overslept when we invited him to tour the church. That was a little frustrating. Ramon came to church again, and Brother Rios made it as well. I'm going to miss all of these people. If I'm lucky, Elder Vergara will get a baptism with one of them, and I'll get a picture of all of them. The funny thing is, that I have a goal to teach 100 people that get baptized during my time on the mission.

If your weather is like it is here, I can't imagine you need your heavy coats and sweaters.  But, how has it been?

Pretty good. The weather is beginning to come back to heat.

How has the Spirit guided you and Elder Vergara this week?

By telling us to stay in the apartment and sleep. During one of the blessings of health that I received, he said that this would be an opportunity to learn patience. And boy, did I ever!

What was your happiest experience this week?

Seeing Tony and Staniel at church. I have high hopes for them!

 
I love you all, stay safe, and we'll see where I end up next.

--

-Elder Hall

Texas San Antonio Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment