Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Second Week of MTC, and into the field


Hello everyone,

So I tried in vain to upload the pictures from my camera to you all. I'll send those photos from a computer outside of the MTC, or maybe by the end of this email I will figure out what in the world I'm supposed to do to get the pictures loaded. 

This week I'd like to thank my parents, Wesley S., and Brother and Sister Johnson for mail. I'll admit, the letters mean more than the food right now since the MTC feed us so well, but I won't take it for granted. Mail is always appreciated. Your letters mean so very much. I can't promise individual messages, but all mail is appreciated.

Last Tuesday we had a combined devotional that included the main campus as well as us Spanish missionaries on west. Little did I know until I saw, plastered on a info screen, that Elder Ballard would be speaking to us for the devotional. Sure, I'm still in the MTC, but it surprised me how often the Quorum of the Twelve is coming to speak to us in the MTC. I think another member will speak tonight as well. 

As well as Elder Ballard last week, on Sunday, the recent one, we had Sis. Perry, the one who wrote a few primary songs as well as hymns, spoke in a devotional. She had us sing in a few medleys of songs to help bring the spirit, and I felt that I learned a bunch. She also incouraged us to create family songs when we get back from ours, and afterwards sang to her family song, with recordings of her sons, daughters in law, and grand kinds singing in the background. I can still remember the line her sons sang: "We're momma's boys we're the backup singers, We're momma's boys, we're the backup band." 

Tomorrow morning I leave the MTC for the airport, and then to San Antonio. I can tell you how excited I truly am. It'll be difficult because Elder Zelaya and I will need to have ourselves as well as our things ready to leave by some time before 5:00 AM. While the flight itself will be difficult, I cannot wait to finally meet my Mission President, his wife, and whatever missionaries that are already staffed in Texas.

When most of our district and zone left this morning and yesterday morning, the dining hall in west campus got surprisingly empty to my companion and I. I've made a bunch of friends with the other sister missionaries and elders here at the MTC. I also saw Hermana Pace, Elder Peterson, Elder Sampson, Elder Weber, Hermana Evans: all missionaries I recognize from school/ our ward. 

Last P Day as well as today's, Elder Zelaya and I had the chance to attend the temple in Provo. Both experiences were grand. And as a missionary, you can feel it especially. With all of the crazy feelings in the MTC we feel, mixed with just as many great ones and visitations of the spirit in our hearts, the temple gives me the chance to ask Heavenly Father what it is I can do to be better, and be comforted. On a different note, I testify that the hastening of the work is now in force. More worthy missionaries that ever are heeding the call to serve, and making noble sacrifices. I miss my family, my friends, and my home town, ward, etc., but I feel glad to be here. 

-Elder Hall

p.s. I think I will get better at writing home to the point that these messages will make more sense and I will be able to tell you more about my experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment