Monday, December 7, 2015

I Got A ñack For This Area ñow

Greetings oh ye fair peoples!

Pretty good week. Elder Lawrence has been coughing like crazy, and Elder Bartier finally convinced him to call someone about it. And because I caught a little of what he was sparing with, I got dragged to the doctors too. I'm getting better and I sure do enjoy not coughing up disgusting phlegm. Even the word looks awful.

Thanksgiving in a Spanish ward wasn't at all what I had supposed it would be like. A member and her two daughters took us and the missionaries from the singles ward (Alamo 2nd ward. Does it ring any bells for y'all?) to Cracker Barrel. I had never been there before. We went around the table and said what we were grateful for. I have been grateful for God's gift of air. I bet that air thinks we take it for granted for every day. I declare the awesome authenticity of air. Anyways, I ordered the Thanksgiving plate. I couldn't find myself not eating classic Thanksgiving foodlums. It had turkey, ham, a sweet potato casserole, cranberry something-or-rather, and I order dumplings on the side. Pretty good food! They bought us these pretty cool Texas coasters that I will definitely make good use out of.

We as a companionship were pretty surprised by the amount of English we heard at church yesterday. The youth speaker spoke English. That wasn't too much of a surprise, but then her mother also decided to speak English. Then in third hour, we had a tutorial about the apps the church has made available, and the family history resources we have available. The family history person spoke mostly English as well. Pretty interesting.

Had a weird dream last night where I dreamt that I finished my mission, and I got sent to New York for some reason. I got lost there until I found Elder Scroggs, and then I woke up. Elder Scroggs really needs to email me. I haven't heard from him in forever.

We made some epic fajitas as a companionship. But really, because our kitchen isn't the largest, Elder Lawrence and Bartier made them and I watched form the couch. They were delicious and we called them the Sweet Mango Jamaican Fajitas. We had this hot sauce from Jamaica that we found. Pretty good. By the end of the week we had used the entire bottle.

Some people that we finally ran into were J and J. They had been meeting with missionaries for quite a long time. Because of sickness, however, we barely were able to meet them on Saturday evening. We talked about how they came to know the missionaries, and afterwards they gave us a bunch of pineapple, cereal, bread, butter, and table. They said they wanted to get rid of table, so we somewhat reluctantly said yes. They also gave us ties. Apparently it is a regular thing to come out with many more goods than you enter their house with.

Sweater weather has finally arrived. On Friday we found ourselves dashing from house to car, then to house and back to car. We wised up the next day and geared up with sweaters, coats and such. Because of all the moisture, it cuts right through you. I'm surprised it has taken so long for the weather to drop. Hey, no complaints here!

I found my wallet this week. It's a little bit embarrassing how I found it. It was on the banister of the bed in my room, but it was on the corner that is usually obstructed by the door of my closet. Oh my butterscotch! Thou fool Elder Hall! I was glad, however, that I didn't lose my eagle card from doing my eagle scout, and it came in handy to have my license for the doctor’s visit I had. Please forgive me mom and dad.

Otherwise, things are quite good around here.

Questions and Answers

Did you receive your new wallet?   

Yes. (it was meant to be a replacement, but you know the story.)

Have you seen or had another visit from your stray cat?  

Nope. There is a "neighborhood cat" that we see often. Luna, as it is dubbed, often approaches us as we go to our neighbor's home, the other missionaries, to visit every night. Elder Bartier lovingly pets it, and we wait him to finish so we can get back inside.

Is there really such a thing as dandelion candy?

You could invent it if you wanted.

What tender mercies has the Lord brought to you this week?

I suppose I am mighty grateful for my quick recovery from sickness this last week. Still working at it, but I'll be done soon. I'm grateful for my understanding companions, and their desire to work with me, rather than without, against, or in spite of me.


Elder Hall

Texas San Antonio Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment